2006-04-19

New York, New York & Nintendo World

Okay, I just got back from my trip to New York city, no the first time I've been there, but I'll tell you all that happened. First, it's a 2.5 hour drive to get from my hometown, Suffield, CT to New York. We left, my mom, dad and I, for the city at around 9a. On the way down we hit some trafic, so I plyed with my Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS, my DS with Pokémon Trozei, and my Pokémon Mini, yes there is such a thing.
When we got there we had trouble navigating and parking, so we finally parked at a leave-your-keys place next to Radio City Music Hall. I had to hide my DS and mini so I didn't loose it or it wouldn't get stolen. We all wandered around untill we foung the one, the only, the used to be Pokémon Canter NY, Nintendo World. We went in and they kept the old PCNY doors with Pokéball handles. We went in and there was a room, 30% of it was Pokémon figurenes, games, systems, cards and more, I looked around for a while and then went upstairs. Upstairs there are GameCubes® connected to 480i HD TVs, hmmmmm... Makes you think, doesn't it?
Then there was 2 shelf units devoted solely to Pokémon, there were PokéDolls, PokéPillows, and other PokéStuff. There was also a Pikachu pin and patch. I picked out a Treecko pillow, Bonsly, and Jolteon PokéDolls and some other things, there was a hat that said Nintendo in Japanese, I got that two other shirts and a mouse -pad. There were also old Nintendo systems and a Game Boy® that survived a bomb and still works. We also saw that there were Pikachu gift cards so we asked to see one with intent to just take it, but the Nintendo World Ambassador, that is a staff member or employee, said that we need to take inventory and you need a minimum of $5 on it, so we got it. We then took the glass elevator down and me and my mom argued the it sucks so much, beacuse it used to be a store solely devoted to Pokémon, now 32% is. That is just bull, Toraus I mean.
So we speent the gift card on two packs of cards and a Munchlax figure. We then asked for a Mystic ticket, but no, we had to bring the game, they said, they couldn't just give us the ticket and use our E-Readers to get it in? So I said loudly as we walked away, "I'll just have to hack my game then!" and walked away.
We then went down 5th ave. and went to some stores, it was very crowded, and we went in the newly managed, F-A-O , who used to be a leader in Pokémon, but now doesn't carry any. That was my trip to NY, I slept on the ride home and my Pokémon Pikachu 2 GS said I took 11092 steps, counting the 1000 I took in the morning, I'll have the final number tonight on PPL. I put up all my stuff in my room and I am now blogging, and will niw go down stairs to watch the tube. What a day. Questions? Leave a comment, leave a tag, or Jirachi.Rob@gamil.com will also take you questions and give you more travel advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home